Good story Jo.
I would also just like to add that I am not an awesome blogger who takes photos of each cooking process...it's just one snapshot of the final plate.
Ok...so this recipe is called Crispy Chicken with Mole Sauce. It's cool cause it's chicken and chocolate. That's right my friends...chocolate for dinner.
Crispy Chicken with Mole Sauce
1½ tsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
4 Tbsp flour
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 coriander roots, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
¼ tsp chilli powder
½ cup red wine
2x 400g cans tomatoes
15g dark chocolate, grated
Juice of 1 lime
1. Put the chicken in a clean plastic bag, add the paprika, coriander and flour and shake to coat thoroughly.
2. Heat some oil in a frying pan to over medium-high and fry the chicken until lightly golden.
3. Transfer to a roasting dish and cook at 200○C for 25-30 minutes until crispy, golden and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan over medium, add the onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano and chilli and cook until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the red wine and reduce until sticky.
6. Add tomatoes and cook until the sauce has reduced by half.
7. Pour sauce into a food processor and blend until an almost smooth consistency.
8. While sauce is still hot, mix through the chocolate and lime juice.
9. Place ¼ of the mole sauce on each plate and top with a piece of chicken.