25 April 2012

Nothing has been done, yet I still have something to say

Once again, I’ve been very slack in my list. I guess I’m finding it hard to motivate myself when I know I’m going away for at least a month or two, therefore making the whole thing a little bit longer and blablablaexcuses.

Anyway, I haven’t done anything since the last blog.
So here are three other things I’ll tell you about.

#1. You probably don’t remember, but in the last blog I wrote about how I went to Ken Yakitori for dinner and how, despite the NZ Herald telling me to, I wasn’t able to buy fried squid tentacles. Turns out that there are actually two Ken Yakitori’s…I know…who’d have thought. I didn’t do enough reading before hand and went to the wrong one. Cool ay.

#2. When I told me sister, Katie, that I was gonna head to Melbourne for a bit I said that I would have to create a new blog called ‘Cooking for One’.
This was the conversation that followed:
Katie: “That’s a great idea”
Me: “Thanks”
Katie: “But it won’t be for long…”
Me: “Huh?”
Katie: “It’d then be Cooking for Two”
Me: “Haha! You think I’m gonna move to Melbourne and find the man of my dreams in quick time do ya?”
Katie: “Yes”
Me: “Oh”
I then told my good friend, Niki, about that conversation and this is what she had to add:
“YES! You’d have ‘Cooking for One’, then ‘Cook for Two’ and then ‘EATING for Two’”.

Ooooo boy.

#3. And finally, just a relatively amusing story to spice up your Thursday night (or whatever time and day you’re reading this).

For years I had this rather cute baby photo displayed in my bedroom.

I always knew it was either Katie or me, but I’d never bothered figuring it out.
Until one day I did bother, and went and asked the bearer of all knowledge (mother) the ultimate question…“which of your daughters is this?”
That answer that followed was something which will be with me for the rest of my days. Kind of like the moment you find out you’re adopted (I know it’s coming) and that you’re not a natural red head.
…….
Mum: “Ummm…well…that’s neither of you”

That’s right people. For a large proportion of my life I had the copyright protected photo which is sold with the photo frame displayed in my bedroom. It’s a tragic story of confusion and stupidity. Not exactly blockbuster material, but it may just be classy enough for some daytime TV show to look into the deeper psychological effects this will have in the years to come.

Just FYI…this is what Katie and I did look like as youngsters…
Katie being the always caring older sister that she is 

             My love of reading has not quite kept to this level.
                 But Big Bird is definitely still one of my favs.
              
                

No comments:

Post a Comment